Bollinger Motors plans to produce and sell the all-electric B2 Chassis Cab.
The Bollinger B2CC is the world's first and only Class 3 all-electric chassis-cab truck platform, according to the manufacturer, and it offers unlimited work truck variants. Featuring a 72-inch truck bed (expandable up to 96 inches) the dual-motor truck can fit up to four passengers and has a 15-inch ground clearance to get over the toughest obstacles.
"The Bollinger B2 Chassis Cab's unique features – including the 5,000-pound payload and large energy source to power tools – make it perfect for businesses, small and large," says CEO Robert Bollinger. "Commercial fleets will be able to reduce their overall cost of operation while buying a truck designed, engineered, and built in the USA. The B2CC is an ideal option for municipalities, parks services, emergency response vehicles, airports, construction, landscaping, electricians, plumbers, security, non-tactical military, and more."
The B2 currently has a price tag of $125,000 suggested retail price. The 614 horsepower truck also features a 7,500-pound towing capacity in addition to its 5,000-pound payload. It features an estimated 200 mile range.
The Bollinger B2 Chassis Cab will be built on the patent-pending Bollinger Motors E-Chassis all-wheel drive base that underpins the Bollinger B1 Sport Utility Truck and the B2 Pickup. It will be available in both two- and four-door cabs and on multiple wheelbase lengths.
Features of the patent-pending Bollinger B2 Chassis Cab include:
- Two-door or four-door cab
- Various wheelbase lengths, based on desired customization
- Patent-pending passthrough for storage of long items
- 120 kWh battery pack
- All-wheel drivetrain
- All-terrain capabilities
- Dual motor
- Portal gear hubs
- 5,000 lb. payload
- Ultra-low center of gravity
- Hydraulic anti-lock power brakes (ABS)
- Electronic traction control
- Electronic stability control
- Hydraulic power steering
- Hydro-pneumatic self-leveling suspension
- Independent front and rear suspension
- 10kw on-board charger/inverter
- Complete power system controls, configurable to given vehicle application
- Integrated thermal-management system
The Bollinger B2 Chassis Cab will be made available to commercial outfitters in late 2021 in both full cab and cutaway-cab variants.
Editor's Note: Updated May 6, 2020 with additional specifications.
Originally posted on Work Truck Online
See all comments