SAN ANTONIO - On Feb. 10, the Alamo Area Council of Governments Clean Cities Coalition, in partnership with the Clean Fuels Foundation and Protec Fuel, will conduct an ethanol workshop in San Antonio. This workshop is being held to continue the steps toward advancing transportation choices and economic development in the region.
The workshop will inform local government officials, business decision makers, fleets, media professionals, and interested citizens on the benefits and opportunities of flex fuel vehicles and ethanol.
Topics covered at the workshop will include:
- Federal/state/private flex fuel-vehicle fleet in Texas, E-85 refueling locations, fuel ethanol production, E-85 sales, waivered federal and state fleets.
- Meeting the Energy Policy Act, National Renewable Fuel Standards, upcoming compliance issues such as ozone nonattainment, greenhouse gases, aromatics, and oil price volatility.
- Refueling infrastructure funding opportunities, supply logistics, blending economics, future opportunities, 2nd generation ethanol in Texas.
- National public education and outreach campaign supporting the public/private refueling challenge, technical support tools and assistance from national organizations (RFA/ACE/growth).
- State/federal, and public fleet operators will share their experiences and provide their lessons learned to the group.
- An open forum arranged for fleet managers, fuel providers, and technical assistant support teams to exchange information, provide questions and answers, and share lessons learned from previous experience with high-level blends of ethanol, flex fuel vehicles, and other topics.
To RSVP for this workshop, email Yliana Flores or call (210) 918-1299. The deadline to register is Feb. 7.
Workshop Time and Location:
February 10, 2011, 12 p.m.-3 p.m.
Alamo Area Council of Governments
Al J. Notzon III Board Room
8700 Tesoro Drive, Suite 100
San Antonio, TX 78217-6228