Looking back at 2020, there is not one single past forecast that could have predicted what we saw. With the constant changes, we know you depend on Work Truck to be the No. 1 resource for vocational fleet managers. Whether you are a veteran of the industry or newer to the fleet world, Work Truck should always be your first stop for up-to-date, accurate news.
This year, even with the pandemic raging, fleet managers needed to stay up-to-date and wanted to know about the latest in new engine and fuel technology, upfit packages, medium-duty truck news, and more about electric truck tech. The following are the "most read" news in 2020:
- Jasper Offers Remanufactured Ford 3.5L EcoBoost: Jasper Engines & Transmissions announced the availability of the Ford 3.5L EcoBoost Turbo GDI engine.
- 3 New In-Bed Auxiliary Fuel Tanks Expand Capacity: Transfer Flow released a new trio of compact in-bed auxiliary tanks with patented recessed cover boxes for 1999-2018 Ford and Ram and 2001-18 GM short- and long-bed diesel trucks that are available in 50-, 75-, and 100-gallon capacities.
- Ram Truck Introduces Snow Plow Prep Package: The Snow Plow Prep package includes 220-amp alternator, wiring for a snow plow, and rear-power sliding window with defroster.
- Mitsubishi Fuso Truck of America Discontinues New-Truck Sales: Mitsubishi Fuso Truck of America announced it is discontinuing new truck sales. Customers will remain supported for warranty repairs, maintenance services, and replacement parts until 2028.
- Ford’s F-650 Super Duty: 2020 Medium-Duty Truck of the Year: The Ford F-650 Super Duty was named Work Truck's Medium-Duty Truck of the Year for 2020.
- Workhorse Group to Unveil New C650 Electric Step Van at NTEA Work Truck Show: Workhorse Group will display its newly-designed C650 all-electric step van at The Work Truck Show 2020.
- Medium-Duty Order Demand Holds Strong: Owing to its broader base of applications and vocational niches, medium-duty demand held up relatively well on an absolute basis in April when compared to their bigger [Class 8] brethren.
- New 50-State Legal Fuel Tank System for Ford-150 Gasoline: The 45-gallon high-capacity midship tank is engineered for 2018-2020 model-year gasoline Ford F-150 SuperCrew pickups with 5 1/2 and 6 1/2 foot beds, as well as the F-150 Raptor SuperCrew with 5 1/2 foot bed.
- Isuzu Announces Two New Gasoline Engines: Isuzu Commercial Truck of America revealed two new gasoline engines for its N-Series trucks at The Work Truck Show 2020. The NRR will be the first 19,500-pound GVWR low cab forward truck on the market to offer a gasoline engine option, according to Isuzu.
- Anheuser-Busch Receives BYD's 100th Battery-Electric Truck: BYD delivered its 100th battery-electric truck in the United States, a second-generation BYD 8TT Class 8 Electric Semi that is part of a larger deployment for Anheuser-Busch’s Oakland, Calif., distribution operations.
Keep checking back in, be sure you are signed up for all our newsletters as well as our print or digital edition of the magazine and Work Truck will continue to bring the articles that matter the most to the fleet industry.
What was your favorite this year? What do you want to hear more about? Let us know in the comments!
Originally posted on Work Truck Online