Alternative fuel manufacturers across the spectrum are currently auditioning for a role to take the big stage. Whether it’s electric, natural gas or propane autogas — all are vying for the lead.
But to claim that role, you need to know your audience.
- What tools does your company have in place to gain feedback from your current and future customers?
- Where does the feedback go when your company receives it?
- How does your company utilize the feedback to make a better product?
Here are a few solutions to those questions:
- Allow your customers to visit your facilities and speak directly with your team. I don’t mean your sales staff, but the engineers, operations, executives and more.
- Start a hotline to provide immediate service to those with operating and maintenance questions.
- Regularly survey your customers. You will learn so much more by asking and listening. For example, when a recent customer voiced that the miles per gallon with propane autogas were less than expected, we realized we needed to demonstrate more efficient operation. We held driver-training sessions to show customers how to maximize fuel economy and earn greater miles per gallon.
- Utilize the growing field of telematics to provide conclusive “real” data.
Deliver above and beyond expectations — and do it transparently.
Are you poised and ready for opening night? The stage is calling, and alternative fuels should snag the leading role.