The third annual Sustainability All-Star award recipients were recognized Oct. 2 at the Green Fleet Conference in Phoenix.
Green Fleet magazine staff reviewed nominees submitted online based on professional longevity, accomplishments (significant sustainability achievements), innovation (innovative ways individuals have contributed to reducing emissions and fuel consumption), and overall industry involvement.
Altogether, these fleet professionals have reduced greeenhouse gas emissions, created green fleet and sustainability policies, and have dedicated their time and energy to ensuring the path to sustainability is clear.
The following are the 40 individuals, including commercial and public sector fleet managers as well as vendors/suppliers recognized for their outstanding achievements in green fleet sustainability in 2013.
- Edgar Benning, Flint Mass Transportation Authority
- Donna Bibbo, Novo Nordisk, Inc.
- Michael Bieger, ADP
- David Boenitz, San Diego County Regional Airport Authority
- Doug Bond, Alameda County, Calif.
- Bill Burns, City of Columbus, Ohio
- Roland Cordero, Foothill Transit
- Louise Davis-Lopez, Julie Pedelini, and Brian Snow for Johnson & Johnson
- Rob Donat, GPS Insight
- John Dufour, All-Star Transportation, Inc.
- Kevin Gallacci, Clallam Transit System
- Art Hale, Colorado State Fleet Management
- Ron Halley, Student Transportation of America
- Dan Hannan, Merchants Fleet Management
- Phil Horlock, Blue Bird Bus
- Robert Howdyshell, County of Riverside, Calif.
- Melissa Howell, Kentucky Clean Cities
- John Lapetz, Westport
- Ron Latko, Mesa Public Schools
- Keith Leech, City of Sacramento, Calif.
- Kathlene Lockett, Brighton School District 27J, Brighton Colo.
- Rick Longobart, City of Santa Ana, Calif.
- Ed Lovelace, XL Hybrids
- Dick Malcom, State Farm Mutual Insurance
- Brian Matsuzewski, ARI
- Scott Mayo, SCT Fleet Solutions
- William McCarty II, City of Springfield, Ill.
- Colin Messer, State of New Mexico Energy, Minerals, and Natural Resources Dept.
- Allen Mitchell, Arlington County, Va.
- Brandon Morris, DIRECTV
- Kelly Muldoon, Venchurs Vehicle Systems
- Wayne Reynolds, LeasePlan USA
- Jose Rivera, J.J. Taylor Companies
- Jeff Shefchik, Paper Transport, Inc.
- Abe Stephenson, DISH Network
- Brian Tabel, Isuzu Commercial Truck of America
- Joe Thompson, ROUSH CleanTech
- Jerome Webber, AT&T
- David Worthington, County of Sonoma General Services Fleet Operations Division
- Tom Wurdack, Renzenberger
The list of the first annual Sustainability All-Star Awards can be located here.
The list of the second annual Sustainability All-Star Awards can be located here.