Toyota, Lexus, and Scion took top honors in the 2013 Green Car Guide, published by the Automobile Club of Southern California’s Automotive Research Center (ARC). Six of the top 10 overall green vehicle and “best value” scores are held by the Toyota family.
It is the first time an electric vehicle has earned the top spot. For the second year, the 2012 Nissan Versa was rated the Best Green Car Value.
The Green Car Guide is produced annually by the Auto Club’s Automotive Research Center. The 2013 guide contains information on nearly 80 hybrids, EVs, partial zero emission vehicles, compressed natural gas powered vehicles, clean diesels, and fuel economy leaders. The guide is designed to help new vehicle buyers with reviews and rankings of low-emission and fuel efficient vehicles.
The Automotive Club’s ARC Green Car Guide rankings:
- 2012 Toyota RAV4 EV Compact Sport Utility
- 2013 Lexus GS 450h Mid-Sized 4-door Sedan
- 2011 Toyota Highlander LTD Hybrid 4WD 4-door SUV
- 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE Mid-Sized 4-door Sedan
- 2011 Volkswagen Touareg Supercharged Hybrid
The Automotive Club’s ARC Cost Per Point/”Best Value” rankings:
- 2012 Nissan Versa 1.6S
- 2013 Chevrolet Spark 1LT
- 2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS M/T
- 2012 Scion iQ
- 2011 Scion xD