The Renewable Fuels Association (RFA), in partnership with the Iowa Corn Growers Association, is unveiling a newly updated Flex-Fuel Station Locator application for iPhones, iPads, the iPod Touch, and all Android devices. The application is free and available in the App Store or the Android Marketplace. The Flex-Fuel Station app is designed to help users pinpoint any station in the United States offering E-85.
New features of the app, which was first introduced in 2011, include:
- Flex-Fuel Vehicle (FFV) Identifier. After inputting make, model and year of a vehicle, the app will alert users if their vehicle is Flex-Fuel or not, in order to help avoid misfueling.
- Route Planner. Adds the ability to enter a starting and end point to determine E-85 stations along a certain route.
- MPG Education. Uses educational information from www.FuelEconomy.gov and includes other factors of mpg (e.g., low tire pressure, wind, and driver actions).
- Search. Includes the ability to enter state, city, or zip code to determine E-85 stations in the immediate area.
- Add or Remove. Gives app users the ability to alert the database of new stations, closed stations, or other corrections not presently included in the location information used by the app.
“With more than 11 million flex-fuel vehicles in America, we wanted to make it easier, faster, and perhaps more educational and fun for drivers to find E-85," said Robert White, RFA director of market development.