REDWOOD SHORES, CA - GreenRoad, which helps fleets promote safer and more efficient driving practices, is adding an "idling performance solution" to its overall service so that fleets can further reduce fuel consumption and vehicle emissions.
According to the company, the typical GreenRoad 360 customer already sees fuel economy savings of up to 10 percent. With this new solution drivers can cut fuel consumption by an additional 2 to 5 percent. GreenRoad's new idling management capability quickly identifies specific drivers, vehicles or trips that negatively impact fuel performance, the company said.
This customizable solution automatically identifies idling activities that are exceptions to company policy, based on client-defined policy thresholds, applying filtering to the unavoidable idling that occurs at traffic lights and stop signs, GreenRoad said.
"GreenRoad is able to provide managers and drivers with complete control over idling, eliminating the cost and environmental impact incurred by this manageable driving behavior," said Dan Steere, CEO of GreenRoad.
GreenRoad is compatible with all vehicle years, makes and models. This approach to idling management, the company said, offers significant advantages over legacy idling-detection systems by not requiring disruptive ECM integration, or an ignition sensor upfit, to determine whether the engine is running.
Key features include:
- Eliminates the need for manual effort or data download procedures
- Minimizes the time and effort required to assess and sustain improvements in idling performance
- Requires no additional hardware, ECM integration
- Has no impact on vehicle warranty or subsystems
- Identifies vehicles with weak batteries or electrical system issues
- Customizable in all vehicle years, makes and models
- GPS Mapping component allows managers to see where idling is most prevalent.
Real-time idling reports are available anytime and e-mailed weekly, reporting on performance across all fleets. Managers also have the ability to refer to at-a-glance exception reports to view the idling performance across their fleets. They can quickly identify specific drivers, vehicles or trips impacting operations.
For more information, visit www.greenroad.com.