DETROIT - A new Web site, MyVolt.com, is designed to give Chevrolet Volt owners the ability to remotely access operational information specific to their vehicle and control various functions of their car.
The Web site takes advantage of OnStar's real-time data connection and allows owners to perform tasks including checking their battery's state of charge, setting the charge time and unlocking the doors.
"Tools like MyVolt.com and the OnStar MyLink Mobile App put command and control into the hands of our customers," said OnStar President Chris Preuss. "Our technology allows customers to take control of their energy consumption by making informed choices about their charging needs."
The Web site also:
- Displays charge status, indicating whether the car is plugged in or not, and at what voltage (120V or 240V)
- Provides flexibility to "Charge Now" or schedule charging at a later time
- Displays percentage of battery charge level and expected electric and total ranges
- Displays miles per gallon, electric only miles, odometer readings and miles driven for last trip
- Remotely starts the vehicle to pre-condition the interior temperature.
Volt owners will be able to manually set grid-friendly charge modes for off-peak times when electricity rates are lowest. They can also send text or e-mail notifications for charge reminders, charging interruptions, and full charge completions.
Chevrolet Volt owners can also opt-in to receive a monthly OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics e-mail report.
"OnStar technology makes the Chevrolet Volt smart grid ready direct from the factory," said Preuss. "The technology is simple, intuitive and helps subscribers work cooperatively with their utility company to manage real-time load requirements that are both economically and environmentally friendly."
The Volt comes standard with five years of OnStar Directions and Connections service, which includes Automatic Crash Response, OnStar Destination Download and eNAV Navigation, Hands-Free Calling and Stolen Vehicle Assistance. The OnStar MyLink Mobile App will be available for Volt owners on select smart phones Oct. 30.