CAMPBELL, CA - Coulomb Technologies announced Oct. 6 that its ChargePoint CT500 and CT2000 charging stations have been certified to Underwriters Laboratories' new requirements UL Subject 2594. UL Subject 2594 is the safety requirement covering Electric Vehicle (EV) supply equipment, and Coulomb's ChargePoint CT500 and CT2000 product families have been evaluated to this standard. The Level II 208/240 VAC @ 30 A CT500 residential and CT2000 stations join Coulomb's CT2100 dual output (Level I and II combined) as certified to UL 1998, UL 991, UL 2231-1, and UL 2231-2 standards. All Coulomb products are available to order and currently shipping.
"UL listing is extremely important to our existing and potential customers as it is regarded as the most respected of safety standards," said Richard Lowenthal, CEO of Coulomb Technologies. "Coulomb's ChargePoint stations are the first to be listed under UL's new standards for infrastructure components. This listing is important to the widespread adoption of electric drive vehicles. Ensuring the safety of these new technologies is critical to commercial scale adoption and consumer acceptance."
UL evaluates representative products, components, materials, and systems for compliance to specific requirements and authorizes manufacturers of compliant products to display the UL mark on those products. Coulomb's UL Listed product family includes:
- The CT500 charging station: Recently announced, 7.2 kW single output stations designed for residential and light commercial applications for the North American marketplace. The station delivers Level II (208/240 VAC @ 30 A) charging and is compatible with plug-in electric vehicles that comply with the SAE J1772 plug-in electric vehicle charging standard.
- The CT2000 family of charging stations: 7.2 kW (208/240 VAC @ 30 A) Level II charging stations designed for public outdoor applications for the North American marketplace. Charging is delivered via a standard SAE J1772 connector and 18-foot cable.
- The CT2100 family of charging stations: dual and simultaneous Level II (208/240VAC @ 30A) charging via the SAE J1772TM connector and Level I (120VAC @ 16A) charging via a standard NEMA 5-20 outlet thereby offering the ability to charge almost any EV.
Coulomb's charging stations are part of the ChargePoint Network, which is open to all drivers of plug-in vehicles and all manufacturers of plug-in vehicle charging stations. ChargePoint Network's unique features include:
- The ability for the station owner to set fees for use of their stations (including free charging)
- The ability for drivers to access stations without a subscription via contact-less credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, and Discover)
- 24/7/365 telephone driver support via a toll free number on all charging stations
- Smart Grid ready with built in Utility Grade Metering, Time of Use (TOU) pricing and Demand Response (DR) control
- Multiple Smart Phone applications (iPhone and Blackberry) to find unoccupied stations and navigate to them
- The lowest operating cost possible due to real-time operational monitoring, alerts, diagnosis, and control of millions of stations
About Coulomb Technologies, Inc.
Coulomb Technologies is the leader in electric vehicle charging systems and application services, with the ChargePoint Network now operating in 14 countries, and Network Operations Centers in the U.S., London, and Hong Kong. Coulomb provides a vehicle-charging solution with an open system driver network: the ChargePoint Network provides multiple web-based portals for Hosts, Fleet managers, Drivers, and Utilities, and ChargePoint Networked Charging Stations ranging in capability from 120 Volt to 240 Volt AC charging and up to 500 Volt DC charging. For more information, follow Coulomb on Twitter. To request a charging station in your area, visit www.mychargepoint.net/request-station.php.