TORRANCE, CA - Government Fleet Magazine, Florida Clean Cities, and The 100 Best Fleets in North America will conduct two seminars Feb. 23 and Feb. 24 on implementing best business practices with proven strategies to meet the current fiscal crisis. Several fleet managers from the 100 Best Fleets will facilitate the discussion.
For the first time ever, the #1 (Hillsborough County) and #2 (City and County of Denver) fleets in North America for 2009 will discuss sustainable excellence. The seminars will be held in Tampa on Feb. 23, and in Ft. Lauderdale the following day, Feb. 24.
Highlights will include:
- City and County of Denver's strategy used to save $10 million net dollars in 36 months.
- Hillsborough County's metrics used to keep raising the bar.
- Key performance indicators for increased savings, productivity, and efficiencies.
- Alternative funding for government operations.
- Breakthrough ideas from the 100 Best Fleets.
- Obtaining accurate mileage readings.
- 3-page business plan to help fleets prioritize.
- City of Atlanta's strategy used to save more than $450,000 in three months.
- Palm Beach County's metrics used to retain employee morale and productivity.
The seminar in Hillsborough County (Feb. 23) will include a tour of the award-winning facility and lunch.
The Feb. 24 seminar in Ft. Lauderdale will include site tours of several top 100 Best Fleets facilities: #3 Fort Lauderdale, #8 Broward County, and #15 Broward County Sheriff. Lunch is included.
Sponsored by AssetWorks, company Vice President Gordon Smith will also make a presentation on using fleet management information software to improve fleet operations. Topics will include condition-based maintenance (telematics), trend analysis, dashboard monitoring (managing by exception), replacement planning, shop planning calendars, and integrated fleet and fuel management practices.
Each seminar will cost $125 for the first staff member, and $95 for each additional team member.