LAS VEGAS– Alternative Fuel Vehicle Institute (AFVi) hosts the 14th Alternative Fuels & Vehicles National Conference + Expo in Las Vegas, Nev., May 11-14. The conference raises the issues of the role vehicles and fuels play in energy security and climate change. It is also a meeting place for policy and/or purchasing decision-makers who need to keep their finger on the changing pulse of regulations, funding, and near-term operations and technical development strategies. An estimated 2,000 people will attend.
Session topics include legislation, climate change, business case, fuel cells, heavy-duty hybrids, ports, biofuels updates, electric drive advances, and focused workshops on federal funding, plug-in hybrids, and current model-year product availability. The emphasis is on how to implement business strategies to enable fleets to cost-effectively transition to cleaner burning vehicles.
Confirmed Keynote Speakers for the 2008 Conference include:
· Oscar Goodman, Mayor, City of Las Vegas
· Robert Hall, United Parcel Service (UPS)
· Dr. Robert Hirsch, Senior Energy Advisor, MISI
· Rich Kassel, Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC)
· Mike Marshall, JD Power and Associates
· Aubrey McClendon, CEO and Chairman, Chesapeake Energy
· Amy Myers Jaffe, James A. Baker III Institute for Public Policy
· T. Boone Pickens, BP Capital LLC
· Bobby Rahal, Race Car Icon
· Annalloyd Thomason, Executive Director, AFVi
More information on the conference is available by going to www.afvi.org/NationalConference2008/.