LOS ANGELES – Green Media Enterprises (GME) has released an initial speakers list for the upcoming Green West show scheduled for May 20–May 22 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Green West (along with its sister show Green East) will bring together a spectrum of green products and services, targeting business, government, and individual interests.
Green West features the full spectrum of exhibits, conference panels, in-depth exhibitor product presentation seminars, special events, keynote addresses, and networking opportunities all on the show floor.
- David Avery, project manager, Southern California Edison.
- Dan Beard, chief administrative officer, U.S. House of Representatives. Beard is charged with leading House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s “Green the Capitol” initiative.
- Colette Brooks, founder and CIO of Big Imagination Group, an eco-friendly public relations agency that helps to guide clients and companies toward brand sustainability.
- Catherine Dunwoody, executive director, California Fuel Cell Partnership. The California Fuel Cell Partnership is a collaboration of 33 organizations that believe fuel cell vehicles powered by hydrogen have the potential to change the future of transportation.
- Robert Foster, mayor of Long Beach, California.
- Mayor “Bob” Foster, former president of Southern California Edison.
He has led successful initiatives with Green Ports and Air Pollution Control since taking office in 2006.
- Joel Kurtzman, Milken Institute. The Milken Institute is an independent economic think tank whose mission is to improve the lives and economic conditions of diverse populations in the United States and around the world by helping business and public policy leaders identify and implement innovative ideas for creating broad-based prosperity.
- H. David Nahai, chief executive officer and general manager of the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP).
- Gary Toebben, president, Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce.
- James Weiner, AIA, The U.S. Green Building Council. The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) is a non-profit organization committed to expanding sustainable building practices.
- Al Weverstad, executive director of Environment, Energy, and Safety Policy, General Motors.
- Paul Wormser, senior director, Sharp Solar Systems. Sharp has been the world’s #1 solar cell producer every year since 2000.