REE Automotive Ltd. announced it is starting trials of its new P7 platform designed for commercial delivery vehicles and walk-in vans, according to the company's press release.
The P7 platform is targeted to a U.S.-based delivery van program, and is fully flat from end-to-end. The P7 offers interior space and volumetric efficiency for vehicles in Classes 3-5.
Supporting up to 8,800 lbs. max payload, the P7 platform can pack 35% more packages than comparable commercial vehicles or the equivalent, or can carry up to 30 passengers.
REEcorner X-by-Wire technology allows each wheel to move independently for driving dynamics and safety with all-wheel steer, drive, and brake options.
P7 Platform features:
- Interior space on smallest footprint due to end-to-end fully-flat chassis & low floor design
- Higher volumetric efficiency yields higher operational margins
- P7 provides minimal turning radiuses and enhanced driving reliability and stability due to REEcorner X-by-Wire tech
- P7 platforms will support Data-as-a-Service – affording fleet managers with complete visibility and actionable insights over their fleet operations
- The platform shown is 7.6m in length and 2.4m in width
“The P7 platform is paramount in commercial vehicle design, safety and functionality," said Daniel Barel, REE Automotive co-founder/CEO. "True to our vision of providing complete modularity and versatility, this platform can be configured in different sizes and optimized to suit a particular application and use case. The P7 will utilize REE-Hitachi’s Data and Application as-a-service capabilities of injecting intelligence and actionable insight info fleet operations and affording fleet owners complete visibility over their operations, allowing faster time to market, lower total ownership costs and suite of lifecycle services.”
Originally posted on Work Truck Online